× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Redirecting registered users back to their page

More
9 years 11 months ago #2323 by jimj
As everyone knows that front-end users with the ability to submit an article after logging into a site will get redirected to the default page after saving the article.

My client wishes for her students to go from a menu item to login to their "student forum" where they see others message and can contribute an article which goes to the "publisher" for approval.

I am trying to use your product to return to the "student page" after they have submitted their article and skip the "Article has been save" info they see on the default page after submitting.

sent to default page after submitting article www2.pictureperfectpets.ca BUT need to be returned to

www2.pictureperfectpets.ca/index.php/news-room/student-blog/107-student-articles

where they are logged in.

Can you please help me with what I thought was a simple task

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #2324 by admin
Hi,
it's not so simple as you think, and this is the reason why...

On the submit Joomla first saves the article (and this step is mandatory) then redirects user to the home. So we should intercept this request to the home and redirect away. The problem is a redirection rule is based only on the URL (no additional conditions like "if logged" and so on). So this rule would be applied anytime, for any request to the home.

A possible solution could be to set a redirect to a different page (any page, but different from home and better if unique) and set this page as condition for a a redirection. As example, if the user after saving is redirected to www.yoursite.com/news-room/dispatch_me then you could create a rule that uses "/news-room/dispatch_me" as trigger, to redirect users where you want.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds