× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

404 error pages being redirected to home page.

• davidroth
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2313 by davidroth
This is very frustrating. I had this same problem with using the Joomla com_redirect and hoped that ReDJ would solve this problem.

I can put in a URL to redirect and that works fine. But if I put in a bogus entry such as domain.com/lalala it goes to the home page no matter what part of the website I'm on. Now, if I put in domain.com/validdirectory/lalala I get a 404 error. But that's if there is a valid directory and I just added the "lalala" to it.

I am using the htaccess.txt for my .htaccess that comes with Joomla 2.5. Here are my settings in ReDJ Community plug-in:
Status Enabled
Access Public

Basic Options:
Custom page 404 YES
Page 404 English (en-GB)
Track errors YES
Track referers YES
Referers to exclude {self} {none}
Redirect any error NO
Redirect URL (left blank)

Advanced Options are left blank.

I also did a Clear Cache and a Check In. Still can't this to redirect to 404 for bogus entries from the root path of the domain.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2317 by admin
Hi,
to catch all error pages add this line at the end of your .htaccess file:
ErrorDocument 404 /

After this, you can manage any URL with ReDJ, but is not clear to me what you want to do now.

If you just enable ReDJ plugin you have just an option to redirect all errors to home, but this is not what you need. To redirect /blablabla where you want, you must create a ReDJ rule... please, tell me what you need or I cannot help you.

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2318 by admin
Maybe I got what you mean... can you tell me which component are you using for the default menu item? I mean, which Joomla extension is configured for your homepage?

• davidroth
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2319 by davidroth
Replied by davidroth on topic 404 error pages being redirected to home page.
I am using a Shape5 template and their S5 Menu system. Does that answer your question?

• davidroth
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2320 by davidroth
Replied by davidroth on topic 404 error pages being redirected to home page.
You gave me an idea! I am using "Blank Component" for the home page. I disabled it and things worked much better, except "Blank Component" disabled broke the home page. "Blank Component" is used to allow you to create a Joomla page without an Article on it, just modules. I need further testing to confirm this is the problem but it looks promising. Thanks!

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2322 by admin
I asked for this, and you have perceived the problem .. :)

I had the same issue with frame component, and I have already traced what happens. Joomla routing falls back to home page component for non-existing URLs, so when a component's view assigned to the HP doesn't manage exceptions, no error is issued and the result is to show the home for any error URL...

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds