× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

htaccess.txt to .htaccess

• maspegren
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #1807 by maspegren
htaccess.txt to .htaccess was created by maspegren
Do I HAVE to change the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess to get this component to work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #1809 by admin
Replied by admin on topic htaccess.txt to .htaccess
Not exactly.
ReDJ can work without .htaccess file.

But (only) if you want to catch any kind of URL you need an ErrorDocument option and this is usually added in the .htaccess file.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• maspegren
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #1813 by maspegren
Replied by maspegren on topic htaccess.txt to .htaccess
One more question then :) We just moved our site from Cubecart to Joomla. I picked the top 33 links that Google Analytics says is the most visited, I assume they are bookmarked by people or linked to from another site. So the Cubecart link is something like www.domain.com/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=209 and the page in Joomla is now www.domain.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=174:northern-cardinals&catid=10:birds. I just want the Cubecart URL to redirect to the Joomla URL when someone follows their old Cubecart bookmarked link. Is this the right component for that? I tried the Cubecart link in the From and the Joomla link in the To, but it isn't working. It doesn't say I have any hits either, even though I have visited that link many times in testing. Any help?

More
10 years 5 months ago #1819 by admin
Hi,
looking at old and new URL, you need a one-on-one redirection tool. For 30/50 redirection you could try to use Joomla native redirect extension. ReDJ can be used too, but it does its best with many-to-many redirects.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• maspegren
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #1820 by maspegren
Replied by maspegren on topic htaccess.txt to .htaccess
I started with the Joomla native redirect component, but my company does not like to change the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess. Something about it being insecure, so I had to ditch that option. I will find another method. Thank you!

More
10 years 5 months ago #1825 by admin
Not at all!

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds