× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Dynamic Link Redirect

More
7 years 7 months ago #5606 by elian
Dynamic Link Redirect was created by elian
Hi Folks,

i just want to know if the following scenario is possible with ReDJ:

I´ve got four Mainmenuitems with each have 7 seperate Sub-Menuitems. They have the same name (e.g. sub1, sub2, etc.) but have different Content:

Main1 Main2 Main3 Main4
sub1,sub2... sub1,sub2... sub1,sub2... sub1,sub2...

Now: When Somebody is on Main1,sub2 Category and clicks e.g. on Main3, he should immetently directed to Sub2 of Main3 because i was on sub2 of Main1 before.

So the question would be if there can be set a redirection roule, where the last URL Part of the Site (e.G. sub2) could be pasted automatically to the new Link-URL (here Main3-Link +"sub2")

Hope to make this understandable...

Thanks,
Dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #5607 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Dynamic Link Redirect
Hi Dennis,
if I got you right there is a little problem with this.

Now: When Somebody is on Main1,sub2 Category and clicks e.g. on Main3, he should immetently directed to Sub2 of Main3 because i was on sub2 of Main1 before.

Does it means?

If you click on Main3 you must stay on Main3 except if you "came" from Main1/sub2, while (in this case) you want to be redirect to Main3/sub2 instead of just stay on Main3.

If this is the case, the problem is the redirection rule should consider the "referral" (i.e. where you came from), and unfortunately ReDJ doesn't support this feature (yet).

Let me know if I misunderstand you request.

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by admin.

More
7 years 7 months ago #5608 by elian
Replied by elian on topic Dynamic Link Redirect
Hi Luigi,

thanks for your answer, Yes, you´re right. Did you know a Plugin / Component who can deal with such things?

Thanks,
Dennis

More
7 years 7 months ago #5609 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Dynamic Link Redirect
Nope... as far as I know.
It could be implemented as a little ReDJ customization. A "referer URL" field could be added to the rule table (adding this field to the rule interface too) and the plugin could be modified to verify if the $_SERVER matches the field (as regular expression) only in the case the field is not empty... I think it's doable.

Kind regards

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds