× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

after updating to php 7 - Fatal error: Uncaught Ty

• marcin
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #5127 by marcin
hello,

after upgrading to php7 I get in my Joomla backend from time to time a fatal error when saving new article thrown by ReDJ component:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to plgSystemReDJ::customException() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given in .../plugins/system/redj/redj.php:673 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: plgSystemReDJ::customException(Object(Error)) #1 {main} thrown in .../plugins/system/redj/redj.php on line 673

Quite strange ... how is the plugin related to saving new articles? Is this problem related to php 7?

thanks in advance
Marcin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #5131 by admin
Hi Marcin,
this is not a problem with PHP 7. It is related to changes in the way Joomla manages errors.

I will try to replicate and fix the issue definitively. Could you please provide me the following information:

1) Version of PHP
2) Version of Joomla
3) Version of ReDJ
4) If you are using ReDJ Community or ReDJ Enterprise
5) If possible, the action to issue the error (e.g. save an article from the backend)

Kind regards
Luigi

• marcin
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #5136 by marcin
hi Luigi,

thanks for your quick answer.
php - 7.0.7
Joomla - 3.5.1
ReDJ - 1.7.10 Community

when saving new article from backend (but not every time) and once when saving another kind of object.

best regards
Marcin

More
7 years 8 months ago #5138 by admin
Hi Marcin,
thanks for information. I realized that this issue wa already fixed in version 1.8.0. Unfortunately this version was released only for Enterprise, not yet for Community.

I will try to release the new Community version ASAP.

Kind regards
Luigi

• marcin
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #5149 by marcin
hi Luigi,

thanks for your answer. I am glad to hear this. I am waiting then for fixing the problem.

Now I see that the exception I have when I try to save other kind of objects in Joomla, for example a new form using UniForm component:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to plgSystemReDJ::customException() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given in ...../httpdocs/plugins/system/redj/redj.php:673 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: plgSystemReDJ::customException(Object(Error)) #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/vhosts/kuchnia-domowa.pl/httpdocs/plugins/system/redj/redj.php on line 673

best regards

Marcin

More
7 years 8 months ago #5151 by admin
This is the same problem, already fixed in the Enterprise version.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds