× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

How to give the same Redirect URL to many 404

• dviolante
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4507 by dviolante
Replied by dviolante on topic How to give the same Redirect URL to many 404
A couple of months ago I had to restructure all of the navigation menus in my site and every url changed so this affected most of SEO.

Now, all of the navigation in the site is as it should, it is well organized. But this affected to all of the content that is indexed in the search engines as google, bing, etc.

Originally, I was using ReDJ Enterprise component to redirect all of the 404 Error Codes that im getting from my site cocinaconalegria.com to the new urls.

With this big change in the navigation of the site, ReDJ component has tons of 404 Error Codes, and i was applying to each 404 error code the new url, but this is taking me a lot of time.

For example, in the Error section in the filter field i search this words (part of the url): pastel-de-carne-bbq, im getting 50 URLs with 404 Error Code containing pastel-de-carne-bbq, and it takes me a lot of time to assign the same New URL to each one of this errors. All of this, is in the ERROR section.

Now, my logic tells me that instead of creating 1 new redirect for each 404 error (in the error section) that needs to go to the same URL, it is better to create a General Redirect Rule in the REDIRECTS section that any URL request that contains in this case pastel-de-carne-bbq goes to the New URL. So with this, having only 1 redirect rule all of the 404 Errors will be redirected to the new rule using this single redirect rule.

The "difficult" part of this is that each 404 error url is that each one is different at the begining and at the end
For example, see this 4 Error Codes that contains the same pastel-de-carne-bbq

www.cocinaconalegria.com/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq
www.cocinaconalegria.com.mx/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq
cocinaconalegria.com/cerdo/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq?category_id=197
www.cocinaconalegria.com.mx/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq?category_id=162

What i need is to create is 1 Redirect rule that contains pastel-de-carne-bbq and if any request exists for this 404 Errors be redirected to this URL cocinaconalegria.com/recetario-de-cocina/categorias-del-recetario/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq

Im attaching some screenshots.
I hope I explained correctly

Thank you.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #4508 by admin

www.cocinaconalegria.com.mx/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq
cocinaconalegria.com/cerdo/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq?category_id=197
www.cocinaconalegria.com.mx/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq?category_id=162

What i need is to create is 1 Redirect rule that contains pastel-de-carne-bbq and if any request exists for this 404 Errors be redirected to this URL cocinaconalegria.com/recetario-de-cocina/categorias-del-recetario/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq

To avoid loops you can use the skip feature:
From URL: /pastel-de-carne-bbq
To URL: http://cocinaconalegria.com/recetario-de-cocina/categorias-del-recetario/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq
Skip URL: /recetario-de-cocina/categorias-del-recetario/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq
Request only: true (checked)

Kind regards,
Luigi

• dviolante
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4509 by dviolante
Hello!, thanks for your response. :)
Good News: Adding the Skip URL worked for 99% of the 404 Error Codes and the Loop is no more! ;)

Bad News: In 1% didnt work
The redirect rule is not working with an specific URL, this is the one that has most of error hits:

If this URL has http://www. and http:// the rule doesnt work
If this URL dont have http://www. and http:// it works

Please try this 3 urls so you can see what i mean.

Any idea why is this?
Thank you.

More
8 years 4 months ago #4512 by admin
Hi, the URL:

Is redirect to:

www.cocinaconalegria.com/recetario-de-cocina/categorias-del-recetario/mes-del-amor/item/pastel-de-carne-bbq

And this is exacty the behavior expected by the rule. If you get something different, be sure to clear your server and browser cache.

Regards

• dviolante
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4514 by dviolante
Hello, yes! You are right. The redirect rule is working as expected, maybe it was as you said a cache issue.
Now i confirm its working :P

Thanks a lot for your patience, time and help!

More
8 years 4 months ago #4516 by admin
U're welcome. :)

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds