× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

How to give the same Redirect URL to many 404

• dviolante
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4480 by dviolante
Hello, im using ReDJ Enterprise component. I want to know if there is any way to select many Visited URL with 404 Error Code and assign to all of them the same Redirect URL.

For example, in the filter field i search this words: pastel-de-manzana-con-canela, then i get about 100 Visited URL with 404 Error Code, it take me a lot of time to assign the same URL to each one, i want to select all of this Visited URL and assign the same URL.

Another example is using bebida-de-avena, also i get about 80 Visited URL with 404 Error Code, for this i want to assing a differten Redirect URL.

Im attaching an image with this example.
I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #4482 by admin
Hi,
I understand what you need and this is a nice "to have" feature, but at the moment it is not possible. Added to the wish list for the next version.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• dviolante
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4483 by dviolante
Replied by dviolante on topic How to give the same Redirect URL to many 404
Hello Luigi, thanks for your response. It is so sad to hear its not possible right now, but is good to know you will add this feature for next release. I hope you can do this soon. Doing this how much time will take you to develope? if i need this urgent, how much will cost for this? (of course you can add it to the public release)

Taking back my issue, instead of using the Errors section to make this redirects, and if using the Redirects section, is any way to make some rules that detect if any url containgin certain text and redirects to an specific URL?

For example, i need that any URL that contains lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado no matter what prefix / suffix has this url always redirects to an absolute specific url.. for example, using the Error section to see wich errors does my site has, i see that using the filter and searching lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado i got a lot of URLs like this ones:

www.cocinaconalegria.com/navidad/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado
www.cocinaconalegria.com.mx/leguminosas/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado?category_id=237
www.cocinaconalegria.com/platos-fuertes/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado
www.cocinaconalegria.com/recetario/recetario-de-cocina/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado
www.cocinaconalegria.com/leguminosas/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado
www.cocinaconalegria.com/navidad/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado?tmpl=component&print=1

Now in the Redirect section create rules like:

From URL *
any domain/any prefix/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado/any sufix

and all of them redirects to
To URL *
cocinaconalegria.com/recetario-de-cocina/categorias-del-recetario/navidad/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado

Is this possible?
I hope i have explained this as well.

Thanks

More
8 years 4 months ago #4486 by admin
Hi,
your scenario is not only possible, but is the reason ReDJ exists. Create a rule as follow:
From URL: /lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado/
To URL: {scheme}://{siteurl}/recetario-de-cocina/categorias-del-recetario/navidad/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado
Request only: true (checked)

For customization requests send an email at info(at)selfget.com (but probably is no more necessary).

Kind regards,
Luigi

• dviolante
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4490 by dviolante
Replied by dviolante on topic How to give the same Redirect URL to many 404
Hello Luigi, thanks for your response.

I have created a new rule in the Redirects section as you told me. Exaclty the same (It is enabled right now)
Adding the rule From URL: /lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado/ is working fine onfly if the url contains the / (slash) at the end.

All of the URLs that doesnt have the / (slash) at the end , the rule dont work.

Please try this Urls examples that i got from the Errors section with 404 error code, none of this urls redirects to the url i need.
cocinaconalegria.com/dulces/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado
www.cocinaconalegria.com/navidad/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado
cocinaconalegria.com/recetario/recetario-de-cocina/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado?category_id=169

Now, try the same URLs, and if you type the / at the end, the rule will work
cocinaconalegria.com/dulces/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado/
www.cocinaconalegria.com/navidad/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado/
cocinaconalegria.com/recetario/recetario-de-cocina/item/lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado/?category_id=169

Is any way to replace the / at the end of the From URL rule with another character that defines anything before the rule?

Something like /lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado$ or /lomo-de-cerdo-glaseado*, im not a web programmer so i dont know how to do this.

I hope I explained correctly
Thank you.

More
8 years 4 months ago #4494 by admin
Just try to remove the final slash in the From URL... :)

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds