× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

URLs not redirecting beyond certain path

More
8 years 5 months ago #4353 by hsoj
When is have a link such as drkarenfinn.com/resources/client-case-studies.html and try to redirect it to drkarenfinn.com/divorce-resources/client-case-studies it only goes as far as drkarenfinn.com/divorce-resources. This seems to be happening for all redirects i create that go beyond the divorce-resources path.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4358 by admin
Replied by admin on topic URLs not redirecting beyond certain path
Probably the existing rules match the URL and are applied before (the first matching in ordering is applied). So you should probably fix the existing rules. A solution could be to add a dollar at the end to avoid partial matching. As example, if your rule is:
/divorce-resources

this will match also /divorce-resources/<anything>, but if your rule becomes:
/divorce-resources$

then this will only match /divorce-resources.

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by admin.

More
8 years 5 months ago #4372 by hsoj
Replied by hsoj on topic URLs not redirecting beyond certain path
I changed the path on a previous entry that goes to "/divorce-resources" to "/divorce-resources$" and now that redirect as well as any with the same path all just go to "/divorce-resources$" and display a 404 error.

More
8 years 5 months ago #4377 by admin
Replied by admin on topic URLs not redirecting beyond certain path
Sorry,
but I assumed /divorce-resources is in the "From URL", while it seems from your words that is in the destination, so I am a little bit confused. Could you, please, post a visible screenshot of your rule?

Thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #4392 by hsoj
Since you said you just had my information reversed, I went ahead and switched the link that had the $ and it fixed it. Thanks!

More
8 years 5 months ago #4394 by hsoj
I just started having a similar error with another path.

from: drkarenfinn.com/blog/practical-things-around-moving-on?catid=129&id=129:insider-tips-for-choosing-your-divorce-attorney-or-mediator

to: drkarenfinn.com/divorce-blog/life-after-divorce/129-insider-tips-for-choosing-your-divorce-attorney-or-mediator

I know to change "?" to "\?" and that made a 404 error go away. But the closest 'from' link where I'd fix it a similar way to the prior issue is drkarenfinn.com/blog.html but adding a # to the end of that just creates a 404 for its specific redirect.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds