× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Bypass joomla's router with internal redirects ?

• internetix
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #4204 by internetix
Hi Luigi, i have a quick question. Can we "bypass" the core joomla router for articles (com_content) by using Redj "internal redirects" ?
Let me explain what i want.

1. Create an "internal redirect" rule that will "bypass" the default joomla router for all articles url structure

From this: www.site.com/menu/submenu/id-article-alias
To this: www.site.com/projects/id-article-alias

2. Redirect all the old articles url to this new one using a 301 redirect rule

Is this scenario possible ? Or we need to hack the joomla router file manually to obtain the desired article url across the entire site ?

Thanks a lot !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4205 by admin
Hi,
I am not sure 100% of what you need. The internal redirect allows you to create any URL (alias, short urls, etc.) and redirect to another URL (like articles) but this happens on the server side, so the URL visible in the browser bar remains the same. In this sense is not correct to say that it "bypasses the Joomla routing".

Now in your case, is not clear if the destination www.site.com/projects/id-article-alias is an existing URL or not. Moreover, it seems you want a two step process, but the description of the second step is not clear (I always need an URL example).

Please, provide me the URL that the user must type in the browser bar. And from this, the URL that contains the content to show.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds