× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Internal Redirect and Short URL

• mfmconsulting
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #4133 by mfmconsulting
Internal Redirect and Short URL was created by mfmconsulting
Hi, i just bought the enterprice version of ReDJ.

I am developing a new site on a subfolder www.colma.it/new/ and the old one is in www.colma.it

Im trying to get the redirect to work but i can't, i need to redirect some old url of the old website to save theme so when the new site is online Google indexing is ok.Example:
OLD url: www.colma.it/Bende-Compressive/vmchk.html
NEW url: www.colma.it/new/it/shoponline/bende-elastiche-compressive.html
so i need to prepare the site to redirect, the site is MULTILANGUAGE it add prefix "it" and "en"...

How to create short URL:
REAL URL: www.colma.it/new/it/shoponline/bende-all-ossido-di-zinco/gelocast-plus-mt-10-x-10-cm-detail.html
SHORT URL: www.colma.it/gelocast-plus-mt-10-x-10-cm-detail.html

Thank You

PS
In the . htaccess file i have added the 404 redirect

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4134 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Internal Redirect and Short URL
Hi,
the first tip is the following. You are creating the new site under /new subfolder, but I guess you will move on the root once finished. If this is the case, you need to write your redirection rules properly, or they will stop to work. To avoid this, just go on the ReDJ plugin, under advanced options, add the current base path (/new/), so you can ignore it for now and then remove it after you will go live.

Now let's talk about your rules. Another suggestion is to create the rule with a 301 redirect, and change it to 200 (internal redirect) after you tested it works as expected.

REAL URL: www.colma.it/new/it/shoponline/bende-all-ossido-di-zinco/gelocast-plus-mt-10-x-10-cm-detail.html
SHORT URL: www.colma.it/gelocast-plus-mt-10-x-10-cm-detail.html

Try to create this rule (literally):
From URL: ^/gelocast-plus-mt-10-x-10-cm-detail\.html$
To URL: {scheme}://{siteurl}/it/shoponline/bende-all-ossido-di-zinco/gelocast-plus-mt-10-x-10-cm-detail.html
Request only: true (checked)

Let me know if this works.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds