× Here you can get community support related to Auto Group.

user created groups

• bonaventure
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #4107 by bonaventure
user created groups was created by bonaventure
You make great extensions (I'm a long time fan of ReDJ).

My users create pet profiles using a CCK. I use Form2content, which saves information as native Joomla articles. Sometimes I have clients (like rescue centers) that have multiple staff members that may need to edit the same animal profile (i.e., the same Joomla article), so they need to be assigned to the same custom group.

Can you think of a way to use Auto Groups to allow specific users (like the owner of an animal clinic) to add their Connections to a group, then to allow that group to edit specific articles? The Auto Groups plugin is based on fields in a user's profile. My challenge is that we can't let everyone choose their groups simply by selecting a field in their profile. Otherwise it would be easy to add yourself to any group and edit any animal profile.

If possible, I prefer to keep management of groups with the clinics because their staff changes constantly. Do you have any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4108 by admin
Replied by admin on topic user created groups
Hi and thanks for your appreciation.
I am sure you can't use Auto Group for this, unfortunately. Maybe the "key" of your request is in this quote:

If possible, I prefer to keep management of groups with the clinics because their staff changes constantly.

So you need "just" to build a simple interface (I think from the frontend) for the staff, and let them choose groups...

Kind regards,
Luigi

• bonaventure
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #4112 by bonaventure
Replied by bonaventure on topic user created groups
Thank you for the advice. I started testing and I think you are correct; a simple frontend interface should do the trick. I'll allow the administrator of the clinic to access a form that will load their established connections from Community Builder. Then they can designate members in their list to be moderators of those articles. Any time they uncheck a member, they will be removed from that group.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4117 by admin
Replied by admin on topic user created groups
Yes,
I think it will work in the "simple" way.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds